Germinal Grass Seed Top 5 Extend Grazing Seed 11.5kg 
Top 5 Extend contains the highest performing varieties on the Teagasc PPI. Top 5 Extend is designed to achieve high animal performance through its exceptional quality and palatability. The varieties in this mixture excel in spring and autumn growth – meeting the demands of intensive grassland farmers while also providing the opportunity for a high yielding silage cut.
Optimum spread of heading dates within mixtures for grazing and cutting results in better performance of the leys. When cutting for silage, aim to cut 5-10 days before average heading date for optimum quality.
Key benefits in summary
- 50% tetraploid for higher intakes and grass utilisation
- Contains AberGain – leading variety overall on 2020 PPI with exceptional quality
- Contains AberChoice and Drumbo, leading late diploids with excellent seasonal yield and quality
- Highly palatable leafy grasses, for higher intakes and animal performance
- Suitable for intensive grazing, cut-and-graze or zero grazing systems
Sowing rate 14 kg/acre (35 kg/ha)
Sowing Time April – September
Sowing Depth 10 -15mm
Sowing Instructions Cultivate to achieve a fine, firm seed bed. Ploughing will help level rough fields. Sow in good conditions (warm with rain forecast), no deeper than 10-15mm. Roll well after sowing to ensure good soil/seed contact. Apply N, P & K as per soil test results and nitrates rules.
After sowing Monitor for pest attack and take immediate action where necessary. Post emergence weed spray is essential approx. 5-6 weeks after establishment, prior to first grazing. Where clover is included in the sown mixture, use a clover safe spray.
Grazing: Graze the new reseeds frequently and at low covers (<1200 kg DM/ha) to assist in tillering and help create a dense sward.
Uses Dairy – Y
Cattle – Y
Sheep – Y
Silage – Y
Please Ring The Shop For Price 0567723199